Sunday, April 4, 2010

Don't Mess With An Axe Wheeling Momma!


How's THIS for a Primal Picture?

Another great day outdoors! Today I spent 2 hours splitting wood, and another 30 minutes wheeling huge hunks of wood that need to be split into 4's from the front of the house to the back where my pile is. Yes, I said "MY" pile because I took on that job as my own personal challenge/project. My hubby called me "He-woman" and I said "don'tcha mean 'She-ra!'" LOL. That was a huge job, wheeling that wood...I felt every muscle I had already worked by splitting the wood earlier. I wheeled over a dozen huge hunks which really works the whole body. Wheel barrows suck! Just sayin'.
Anyway, I am a whole different person this year than I was last year. I love the hard work, and am amazed at what my body can even accomplish. I've always been a hard worker, but right now, my body is keeping up with my brain...and that's a scary proposition. haha. I've always taken on more than I could chew which usually would end in my being put out of commission for a while...but not any more. I love being outside where the wind is reminding me how wonderful a nice little breeze can be after working up a huge sweat and using my whole body splitting wood. My little kids were out there piling wood, and loving it. We have spent the majority of the last 3 days outside, and we're all better for it.
This is exactly the push I needed, and I'm so happy I found it. April WILL see me losing 20 pounds bringing me to Onederland.

3 comments:

Pam90X said...

She-Ra!!! Love it! and you will see one-derland!!! I just know it. LIsten to the determination in your voice...it's really inspiring. So glad you are back on track.

Karilynn said...

Totally nice to get a kick ass workout that doens't feel like the same old stuff! LOVE IT!!

Pitbull said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! they used to call me She-Ra when I was a waitress...I was a tiny little thing and I couldn carry two full trays of drinks over my head to get through the crowds without spilling a single drink! That was my nickname...love that now it's yours! You totally rock, and I'm so excited for you for April! You go girl...let them see who's boss!! xoxo