Friday, April 30, 2010

Decided enough was enough...

I cannot lose weight if I don't DO something about it. Wednesday night I went for a jog over to the Provincial Park by my house. It did jog/walk intervals...jogging til my lungs were going to burst, walking til I recovered, repeat. I jogged down the beach and back...that was interesting. Felt it in my booty and legs for sure. I crossed the hwy, and headed onto the trail. There are 2 steep hills that are freshly graveled...and since I like a challenge, I ran up them. That was tough, but loved it. I walked down them tho...knowing me, I would break an ankle or fall on my face, ha...When all was said and done, (and I ran up my driveway) I was toast, but I felt great. 55 minutes of something I did just for myself, by myself. And I enjoyed every minute of it. It was exhilarating. I decided that it is something that I'm going to do for myself a few times a week, and I will find more ways to do solo exercise excursions the other days. It's exactly what I needed.

Yesterday was a write off. I ran around town all day and then had company over for dinner last night. I had a funny little thing, I felt sort of like I was heading for a pass out ...little waves sort of came over me. And my back flared up, felt like it does if you have pneumonia. I had to go to bed. By body shouted at me, and I listened. So at 8:30, I went to bed. Greg puts the kids to bed at night so he can spend a little more time with them, and I appreciate it, especially last night.

Today, I WILL do something. It's been a bit stressful and I've been extra tired because of it. I think I need to just let my body recouperate. My goal is to get my eating back to gluten-free/sugar-free. I think I will start that this weekend. Make a new beginning of it. May 1st sounds like a good day to start an eating streak. Yep, it's formulated, and will be put into practise.

Looking forward to watching the rest of my weight go. oooh baby!

3 comments:

Pitbull said...

That's awesome sweety!! You go girl! Take the time for yourself! Loved having the chance to chat today!! xo

Pam90X said...

ooooo yay!!! Another streak! I love it!!! Can't wait to hear your sassy entries when you really get going again. You are so inspiring when you are "on the ball" so to speak. I mean you inspiring all the time but I love the pizazz you have when you are eating well and exercising it always comes across in your blogs.

Moi said...

I feel your pain sista. Get on the motivation train. You rock.