Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I. AM. DEAD! P90X Plyometrics!! LOVE IT :o)

Okay, I had reason to be afraid....it was killer. What I should have known was that I could do it. I am woman, hear me roar! LOL. I am one tough chick, I always knew that. I am one of the few women who LOVE weight training, getting all sweaty, and pushing my muscles to their extreme, pushing farther, pushing harder, never giving up. Underneath this fat lies a muscular girl, a girl that IS extreme! I challenge myself. I push myself. I don't settle for less than I can give. Even if I'm going down, I'm going to give my best. I may not stand up tomorrow, but today, I ruled! LOL. I may be a cripple for a couple of days, but today, I left it all on the floor. I brought it!

I made sure I had my heart rate monitor on too...even tho I'm not too clear on how to use it...yet.

Want to know what this Plyometric workout entailed? Here ya go. (It's for me, really, to look back on and say yep, I was 253 lbs and I could still kill it on the P90X workout)

Warm Up

90 sec lunges both legs
30 sec prayer squats
30 sec jump squats
30 sec run stance squats
30 sec. airborne Heismans
60 sec. swing kicks over a stool
30 sec. jump squats
30 sec. run stance squats
30 sec. airborne Heismans
60 sec. swing kicks
H2o break

30 sec. squat reach jump
30 sec. squat switch pickups
30 sec. double airborne Heismans (I love this)
60 sec. circle run (around a towel that I kept stepping on ;o))
30 sec. squat reach jump
30 sec. squat switch pickups
30 sec double airborne Heismans
60 sec. circle run
H2o break

30 sec. Jump Knee Tuck ( I did low impact)
30 sec. Mary Katherine Lunges (jumping lunges, I did low impact)
30 sec. leap frog squats (I love this)
30 sec. twist combo, toes point to 3 different angles (did 20 sec, then did 10 sec low impact)
30 sec. twist combo half way
30 sec. Jump Knee Tuck
30 sec. Mary Katherine Lunges
30 sec. Leap Frog Squats
30 sec. Twist combo (20 + 10)
30 sec. twish half way combo
H2o break

15 sec. Rock Star Hops right
15 sec. Rock Star Hops left
30 sec. Gap Jumps (I love this)
30 sec. Squat Jacks (I did low impact but hard arms)
60 sec. Military March (Love this)
30 sec. Rock Star Hops right (low impact this time)
30 sec. Rock Star Hops left "
30 sec. Gap Jump
30 sec. Squat Jacks (Low impact)
30 sec. Run Squat 180 Jump Switch
30 sec. Lateral leap Frog Squats (Love it)
30 sec. Monster Truck Tires (Love it)
60 sec. Hot Foot (30 each )
30 sec. Run Squat 180 Jump Switch
30 sec. Lateral Leap Frog Squats
30 sec. Monster Truck Tires
60 sec. Hot foot
H2o break

30 sec. Pitch and Catch Rt. foot (love it)
30 sec. Pitch and Catch Lf. foot
30 sec. Jump Shots rt. foot (love it)
30 sec. Jump Shots Lt foot
60 sec Football Heroes (Love it)

cool down

stretches.

This is definitely hard core. Non-stop but totally rewarding. I think the trick is that they make it interesting too. The positions are killer, a LOT of squatting. Good job I LIKE squatting. :o)
I'm totally done. I feel good though. I made myself a Fiber 35 protein & fiber strawberry smoothie. I don't have any of those recovery drinks that everyone pushes. This drink has a lot of vitamins and minerals plus the protein...so I think it will work. I am SOOOO happy that I won't be doing this workout for another week...even if I do love it. My body just couldn't do it. Day 2 of P90X is in the bag!



2 comments:

rochelle said...

Wow! That sounds like quite the workout. No wonder your body gave out. I've never heard of a lot of those kinds of squats...do you feel most of them in your quads?

Nice job today.

Sarah said...

I LOVE P90X Plyo work out. ITs my favorite. I am jealous that you could do the whole thing. I can do the whole thing but I have to take a few more breaks than he has. Way to go and Kick Butt!!! Good Luck with the weigh-in!