Monday, January 4, 2010

Please Give Me The Strength To Do Strength!

I am tired. I could have just went to bed as soon as the kids were in bed, alas, I still had to work out. See, today, all day I thought I was supposed to be doing my couch 2 5k training. But it didn't dawn on me until after dinner that it was actually strength training. So, after the kids were in bed, I ventured downstairs for my strength workout. It's funny...after my first set of 10 reps @ 40 lbs, I said to my husband "I feel tired tonight" meaning, I didn't have much strength. He goes "that's because you ARE tired" lol.
My back is not being friendly to me today/tonight. I should have known not to try the hyper-extension bench...I should have known it was going to flare everything up...but I did it anyway. Sometimes it takes getting hit over the head with a hammer to figure things out, I'm 'strong-willed' like that. Ha! So, wisely I opted out of both the Hyper-extension bench, AND the Ab RipperX. It's going to take a while to calm the old back back down....

Warm-Up:
Swimmers, Arm Circles, Bicep/Tricep Stretch, Chest/Back/Shoulder Stretch

Bench Press:
10 reps @ 40 lbs/10 reps @ 50 lbs/10 reps @ 60 lbs/4.5 reps @ 70 lbs/5 reps @ 60 lbs

Over Head Extension:
3 sets of 15 reps @ 15 lbs

Lying Down Flys:
3 sets of 15 reps @ 12 lbs

Back/Bicep Stretch

30 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the power of a good rest day!

Ellura said...

You amaze me - you never quit! Good luck with this comp.