I LOVE Legs & Back! It's a grueling, sweaty, burn for 60 minutes. I love how cleverly it was put together too. Leg workout, leg workout, back, leg, leg, back...etc. It was definitely one of my favorites so far. I LOVE when you work your own body, and you burn, and you feel your muscles, and you push yourself til you're a grunting, groaning, trembling mess, and then that one is finished, and you move on to the next 'event'. Love it! I have to say, I really need to work on the balance part. LOL. I think after I've been doing this for a while, that will just come naturally. And I'm totally serious when I tell you that I NEED THAT! The very first exercise had me fighting for balance...maybe I'll get strong ankles from it. Yay! Every woman needs strong ankles to go with those killer legs, and hot shoes....and that's going to me ME one day...yah baby!
Tip of The Day: Quality Over Quantity!
Legs & Back:
1) Balance Lunges On A Chair: Legs
18 lft leg, 19 rt leg
2) Calf Raise Squats: Legs
25 reps with 8 lb wts.
3) Reverse Grip Chin-Ups: Back
4) Super Skaters: Legs
25 each side
5) Wall Squats: Legs (I HATE THIS)
90 sec, switching lower and higher every 15 sec.
6) Wide Front Pull-Ups: Back
7) Step Back Lunges: Legs
15 ea. side
8) Alternating Side Lunges: Legs
24 ea. side
9) Closed-Grip Overhand Pull-Ups: Back
10) Single Leg Wall Squats: Legs (I hate this TOO!)
1 minute...alternating legs every 15 sec.
11) Dead Lift Squats: Legs
20 ea. side
12) Switch Grip Pull-Ups: Back
13) 3-way Lunges: Legs
5 ea. side
14) Sneaky Lunges: Legs
did 18...out of 20
15) Reverse Grip Chin-Ups: Back
16) Chair Salutations: Legs
30 sec. x 2
17) Toe Roll Iso Lunges: Legs
15 Lft, 11 Rt (sore foot)
18) Wide Front Pull-Ups: Back
19) Groucho Walk: Legs (This is FUN)
45 sec (4 front, 4 back, rpt)
20) Calf Raises: Legs (LOVE THIS...FEEL THE BURN!!)
3 way; 15 slow, 10 fast, 15 slow, 10 fast etc
21) Closed Grip Overhand Pull-Ups: Back
22) 80-20 Siebers Speed Squats: Legs (tapped a toe down for balance)
30 ea. side
23) Switch Grip Pull-Ups: Back
I thoroughly enjoyed this workout. I ran out of time...had to go pick my 5 yr old up from school...I did a few minutes of Ab ripper X...before I left...I will start that over and do the workout tonight. I think doing the Ab ripper X right after the hour long workout is not a good idea for me anyway. I don't see the harm in breaking those two up...doing the Ab Ripper X when I'm not so wiped out.
Tomorrow is Kenpo...not sure what it is yet...I think it's like kick boxing or something...I guess I'll find out. This week has been great so far. I'm really looking forward to the Stretching DVD. Day 5 is done like dinner. :op