Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finding The Solution To The Plateau

So after reading Steve-O's post yesterday morning, it had me thinking about UPPING my food and water. I knew I should eat more, but somehow I just wasn't making conscious decisions to do it. I began to underappreciate the importance of it. But I've been on this plateau for too long now, and I'm kicking my butt with exercise. So, something had to give. That's when Steve-O's post hit home. Yesterday, I made a conscious decision and effort to eat more, and this morning the plateau lifted. I had been struggling to get lower than 251, and early this morning it was at 249.5. SO YAY! That's now my priority...eat more...and drink about 120 oz of water/day. I WAS doing that...but somehow that petered off to just over 64 oz. The water is UPPED too now...which means bladder conditioning for a couple of days, which means getting up to relieve myself in the night...and I can handle that for a couple of nights. I'm so stoked for the scale to be moving. I'm not obsessed with it, it's not the end all and be all right now, either. I KNOW I'm making progress because my body IS changing. I'm in awe daily... and I'm proud of my efforts, and I'm proud of the results. I'm getting stronger and more fit, daily, and I feel it. This journey is not a quick fix thing... it's a j o u r n e y... and I'm loving the ride.

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

And I'm loving reading about you loving the ride! ;o) Congrats on breaking through the plateau. I love that you are learning so much about your own strength on this journey! You inspire so many people.. including me! THANK YOU!!

Steve 2.0 said...

Just a little fine tuning and now the engine is firing on all cylinders. The water thing is really big, it will get all that extra fluid out, and it will take all the toxins out of the body. You will recover better too. I am glad that I could help with the breakthrough. Keep on inspiring...
C-ya