Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mixed Emotions....Couch to 5K

Well, tonight I started my Couch to 5K training. It took me 53:25 to do 3.1 miles. Sure, that may be ok for a beginner. Last year, I walked my 5K, and did it in 55:+ ish. I'm frustrated right now because I walked for 5, then jogged for 60 sec, walked for 90 sec, jogged for 60 sec, walked for 90 etc, as per the program...perhaps my 'brisk walk' should be faster. I walked at a 3.0-3.1. I only beat my last year time by what, 2 minutes? And I'm 52 pounds lighter!!! Grrrr. My hubby is trying hard to make me feel pleased with myself..."did you just do a 5K? Isn't that fantastic? How can you feel disappointed with yourself, you just did 5K!"
The logical part of me IS pleased. Some other part of myself,...the competitive side, perhaps, feels let down. How can I have jogged all that time, and only cut 2 minutes off? Okay, okay....I give. I AM pleased. Okay, hubby! Sheesh. He says to me..' it's 10 pm, and you just decided, 'hmm, I'll do a 5k,' and off you went. Last year you had to psyche yourself up to do it"...as he walks away laughing. So, I guess I see his point. Point taken, honey! LOL. So, booyah to me...I did a 5k tonight. Better? LOL

total workout: 55 minutes.

No comments: